Maximizing Your Routing Guide Strategy
Route Optimization for Your Transportation Services
Having a route guide is essential for the shipping and transportation business. Routing guides streamline operations, reduce costs, and enhance partner relationships.
The incredible growth of online shopping has companies of all sizes turning to routing guides. As a result, businesses need to focus on route optimization to meet the high demands of today’s consumers.
What is a Route Guide?
Route guides contain routing instructions and engagement rules for shipping products from suppliers to customers. They include modes and carriers to use in specific lanes. They can also provide rates and service requirements. Routing guides help operations staff and partners interpret and process the routing instructions and ensure compliance.
Routing guides need to be updated to reflect the most relevant changes in carrier preferences, stipulations for compliance violations and detailed instructions on how to handle various shipping circumstances.
Tips For Maximizing Your Routing Guide
- Invest in routing guides that give your drivers turn-by-turn, in-cab GPS navigation. The easier it is for them, the more likely they will be to follow the directions.
- Don’t let good data go to waste. Use your routing guide software to show the difference between the planned and actual distance for each route. This step will increase your efficiency.
- Since the volume of orders can fluctuate significantly from day to day, routing guides can create optimal routes on a dynamic basis.
- If your routing requirements are complicated, you need to start planning before all orders come in. Choose route-planning software that can re-optimize each time new orders are added to the schedule.
Why Use A Route Guide?
Route Guides Are Quicker
Planning routes by hand can take hours. When you use a route guide, planning your trips take less than one minute. Once you enter the addresses of your customers, you’re on your way. Route Guides help to plan trips with multiple stops, so your routes are accurate and efficient. Route guides give drivers the information they need to show up on time consistently. It also saves on gas and money.
Route Guides Catch Mistakes
If you accidentally enter the wrong address, your driver won’t make it to all their stops on time. This will upset drivers and customers. Route optimization catches errors before they affect your route. It checks your addresses before the optimized route is created. If there is something that doesn’t make sense, you’ll be notified.
Route Guides Are The Future
High-quality route mapping software lets you connect with your e-commerce platforms, to transfer customer data to your route planner. This saves time, and it reduces the chance of data entry errors.
Need a local courier service for your shipping needs? Econo-Courier has been providing personal and reliable service to the New York metropolitan area for over 45 years.
- Courier Problems: Delivery Company Don’ts
- What the Demand Growth for LTL Trucking Means for Courier Services
- Truck Driver Safety: Provide Post-Incident Training to Your Driver
- Smart Cities Lead to Smart Transportation: What it Means for Your Courier Service
- How the 3PL Provider You Choose Affects Company’s Image
75 Lackawanna Ave, Unit B
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone: (800) 526-9094