Tips to Improve Customer Service
Tips to Improve Customer Service
It’s no secret that great customer service is extremely important when looking to satisfy customers and grow your business. Customers are the one thing that the business exists for and the one thing that keeps the business going. They go on to share their experiences with their friends and family, potentially either hurting or helping the business depending on how the customer feels they were treated.
In a modern market where consumers have an abundance of choices for any product or service they want, it is more crucial than ever to make sure every employee in your business that deals directly with customers is giving them the best experience possible. Here’s a few tried and true tips that will keep the customers coming back for more:
- Listen – Customers want to be heard. Too often are people accustomed to their problems not being understood, so actively paying close attention to everything a customer is saying, and responding with an informed answer, will already set you apart in their eyes. People can sense when someone isn’t truly listening to what they’re saying, given the number of people out there who simply wait for their turn to talk in a conversation without actually absorbing what the other person is saying. If you are speaking in person, observing their emotional cues, not just the words that they’re speaking, will help give you a grasp on the whole situation at hand and put you in the best position to solve the problem and make the customer happy.
- Own Mistakes – Everyone’s human, and we all make mistakes. The worst thing you can do in a situation where you find yourself at fault, is to try to cover it up with excuses or by shifting the blame. Owning a mistake is the best thing you can do in that situation as it demonstrates honesty and integrity and helps with achieving a resolution faster.
- Be Patient – Anyone who deals with customers on a daily basis knows the range of emotions they can express towards problems they have with your product or service. It is important to stay patient and maintain composure in an attempt to diffuse any tension in the situation. What started out as a negative experience for the customer can quickly become positive as long as you maintain a positive attitude throughout the process.
- Be Available – Clearly indicate to the customers when and how they can reach support, and be sure to always be available during those times. There’s nothing more frustrating to a customer than expecting help for an issue and either getting put on hold for a long period of time or getting an answering machine and waiting a long time for a reply. However, considering you won’t be available to them 24/7, be sure to promptly follow up with customers who are waiting for help as soon as you possibly can so they know that they are a priority in your eyes.
Need help with shipping your products and merchandise? Econo-Courier has been providing fast, reliable same-day courier service to businesses in the New York metropolitan area for over 45 years. Contact us online or call us at 800-526-9094 for all your shipping needs!
- Courier Problems: Delivery Company Don’ts
- What the Demand Growth for LTL Trucking Means for Courier Services
- Truck Driver Safety: Provide Post-Incident Training to Your Driver
- Smart Cities Lead to Smart Transportation: What it Means for Your Courier Service
- How the 3PL Provider You Choose Affects Company’s Image
75 Lackawanna Ave, Unit B
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone: (800) 526-9094