Understanding 3PL Distribution Service
Key Factors to Know About 3PL Distribution Service
Is your business rapidly expanding with customer orders? If so, you’ve likely found that in-house order fulfillment is becoming a challenge to meet. As a result, your supply chain is backing up, and customers are becoming unhappy. So, what should you do next?
To ensure your order fulfillment runs smoothly, 3PL distribution services might be the right solution for you. Let’s take a look at the important factors to know about 3PL distribution service and how your business benefits.
Defining 3PL Distribution Service
A 3PL distribution service refers to outsourced logistics services that include distribution, shipping and receiving, transportation, and warehousing. When your business partners with a 3PL service, your supply chain will become more productive. 3PL partners will optimize order packaging and fulfillment, distribution, and shipping. As a result, your business will experience order efficiency, lowered shipping costs, and satisfied customers.
Stages of 3PL Distribution Service
There are five main stages in the 3PL distribution service process. These include:
- Receiving is the acceptance of inventory into a warehouse for placed orders. Items can be stored in a bin, pallet, or shelf ready to be picked, packed, and shipped to the customer.
- Picking is when your order’s inventory is selected from the bin, shelf, or pallet in the warehouse and prepared for the next fulfillment step.
- Packing occurs right after your items have been selected. These items are placed and sealed in corrugated boxes, packaging tubes, or bubble mailers with protective packing materials to ensure safe delivery.
- Shipping takes place when the order is packed and ready to go. The 3PL partner will print shipping labels and send the packages off to their selected transportation vehicle for delivery.
- Returns happen when customers don’t want the selected item. As a result, reverse logistics occur when a product is returned to the warehouse by the customer. The product can then be refurbished, placed back into inventory, disposed of, or recycled.
Choose Econo-Courier as Your 3PL Distribution Partner
When your business partners with a 3PL distribution service, you’ll experience many benefits, including:
- Fulfilling more customer orders
- Speeding up the shipping process
- Having more space for inventory
- Creating happy and loyal customers
If your business requires a small-scale 3PL distribution partner, look no further than Econo-Courier. We offer scalable warehousing and logistics services for retailers, manufacturers, construction professionals, and more. Give us a call at (973)-882-8004 or fill out our online form to learn how we can help you.
75 Lackawanna Ave, Unit B
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Phone: (800) 526-9094